In the aftermath and uncertainty of Covid-19, staying home, social distancing and face masks are some of the actions we can take to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. However, many people and business services still need to remain mobile.Businesses in many different industries – such as airports, assisted living, government, resort and hotels and non-emergency medical – are having to find ways to still serve their customers while also creating a safe work environment for both customers and employees.
If the Ford Transit or Transit Connect is part of your company's vehicle fleet, you can be proactive by installing a barrier in your vehicle.
This easy-to-install barrier is an ideal fit for the Ford transit, giving an extra layer of protection between the driver and passenger.
The installation is easy to do on your own using heavy-duty Velcro to attach the barrier. It can be easily removed to thoroughly clean and wash down or it can be wiped down while still installed.
Safety features of the barrier include:
- Heavy-duty vinyl restricts airflow between passengers and the driver
- Fire resistant material
- Doesn’t interfere with airbag deployment
During these stressful times put your worries at ease by providing a simple and safe solution for your vehicle fleet to protect your drivers and passengers.
Additional preventative measures:
Here are other ways you can prevent the spread of Covid-19 and protect your vehicle fleet:
- Wash your hands consistently with soap and water
- Face masks or face coverings are part of the recommended guidelines by the CDC
- Avoid using bleach except on simple plastics
- Don't use solvents
- Use leather conditioner to keep it healthy - hand sanitizers contain alcohol, which can dry out leather
- When in doubt, test cleaners on a surface that can't be easily seen first
- Wipe off what you wipe on; don't leave chemicals to linger
- Don't forget to disinfect buttons and switches, your rear-view mirror, steering wheel, radio dials, door handles, and even your gas cap with disinfecting wipes or an alcohol based cleaning solution.
- Use a solution that contains at least 70% alcohol - isopropyl alcohol is a great option.
Communication with your employees is also key. Consider having them take the free course: COVID 19: What Delivery Drivers Need To Know to help them understand the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, how it could affect their work and safety, and steps to keep themselves and others safe.
It’s important to ensure that these cleaning and disinfection procedures are followed by your staff and customers consistently and correctly to keep everyone as healthy as possible. If the current state of your business is giving you more time to think about updates and improvements to your vehicle fleet, contact us at Nor Cal Vans to find out more about van conversions.